Search This Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Moon Over Valhalla

Stunning moon last night. Abso-fucking-gorgeous. I zipped outside this morning, as that fat, celestial pie was moving down towards the horizon. I wanted to capture it BUT...between my "essential" tremors, lack of solid photography chops AND my low-fi cell camera, the best I could manage was a few surrealistic takes. Ah well, at least its dazzle is printed on my brainpan.

If you want to write a song about the moon
Walk along the craters in the afternoon
When the shadows are deep and the light is alien
And gravity leaps like a knife off the pavement
And you want to write a song about the moon
You want to write a spiritual tune
Na na na na na na
Yeah yeah yeah
Presto, a song about the moon
Paul SimonSong About the Moon 

Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.
~ Mark Twain

Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly; then your love would also change.
~ William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

We all shine on...like the moon and the stars and the sun...we all shine on...come on and on and on...
~ John LennonInstant Karma 

The moon is friend for the lonesome to talk to.
~ Carl Sandburg

We ran as if to meet the moon.
~ Robert Frost 

But even when the moon looks like it's waning...it's actually never changing shape. Don't ever forget that.
~ Ai Yazawa, Nana, Vol. 14 

Maybe there's a whole other universe where a square moon rises in the sky, and the stars laugh in cold voices, and some of the triangles have four sides, and some have five, and some have five raised to the fifth power of sides. In this universe there might grow roses which sing. Everything leads to everything.
~ Stephen King

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.
~ Neil Armstrong

We are going to the moon that is not very far. Man has so much farther to go within himself.
~ Anaïs Nin

If I ever lose my eyes, if my colours all run dry
Yes, if I ever lose my eyes I won't have to cry no more

I'm bein' followed by a moonshadow, moon shadow, moonshadow
~ Cat StevensMoonshadow

No comments:

Post a Comment