Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Coco Comes to the Rescue


I couldn’t drift off into the Land Of Nod last night. After a restless, sleep-ain’t-gonna-happen couple of hours, I turned on the light. Coco leaped from her high window perch onto the bed, quick marched up to my face and asked, clearly, “You alright? Here, lemme sit just below your chin. I’ll purr – you’ll be asleep in no time.”

As uszh, the cat was right.

This morning I have Rita Marley in my head, singing Bed's Too Big Without You. I can’t find a YouTube clip of this ANYwhere – not that I could hear it but I’d really like to watch/experience it. Sheila Hylton’s version is cool and all but, all these years later, Rita’s – which came out just after Bob shuffled off this mortal coil – is the one that resonates.

Ten’s side of the bed, like a meadow evolving into a forest, has become, essentially, a library. There are half a dozen books, my iPad and junk mail that I use as bookmarks. Coco, when not napping on my hip, sleeps just below the non-fiction section.

Bed’s too big without him.

I know I’ve got to be patient but…sheesh…I’m more talented at handstands and grand jetés (hint, I couldn’t do either of those to save my life) than calm waiting.

In this new Trump Plague normal where I can’t,
  • take myself out for a laid back fish ’n’ chip lunch
  • go to the grocery without a bodyguard (Jen and Ten insist)
  • travel to Iceland for a good long float
  • fly to Pittsburgh to visit Vati
  • have a long, chilled out walk on Nantasket
patience is even more elusive.

Staying busy would be helpful but my concentration is a slight, evanescent thing – here for a minute and then *ZING* gone.
  • I need to do my taxes.
  • I’ve been intending to (and have made mini-moves towards) setting up an Etsy page.
  • I thought of bringing my wheel up to the front porch – throw some bowls and plates.
  • Cleaning out my basement would be smartly absorbing.
Awesome BUT I have the attention span of a coked up kitten AND have hit a wall of sloth. I can paint for 10 minutes at a go so that's something, eh?

Possibly I should go with this frazzle brained state and binge watch old Big Bang and Star Trek eps? That'd be better/healthier than getting into fights on Twitter (which I can totally see happening :(

I see my neurologist (Doc Plotkin) today for an online checkup. We’ll discuss my recent-ish surgery and MRIs. I’ve already read the reports/analysis (published on Patient’s Gateway) and, based on these, don’t expect any urgent OR action.

Even if Doc P. pronounces me splendido later this morning, I’m not fully off the hook. Still to come, on June 3rd, my make up thoracic spine scan. That’s the MRI I was to have in March BUT freaked out. This one MAY show that I’ve got more spine slice-age coming.

I’ll also hit him up for info on INTUITT-NF2 (Innovative Trial for Understanding the Impact of Targeted Therapies in NF2) – still in the clinical trials state. Will I be a candidate for this new nonsurgical treatment scheme or no?

Possibly this is why I couldn’t sleep last night.

Gee, D…YA THINK!?

No comments:

Post a Comment