Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Results

This was NOT the news I was looking for.

Had a brain slice followup appointment with my awesome neurologist, Doc Plotkin, yesterday. Hopeful self-delusion had me figuring that he’d say everything’s groovy (the big cheese neurologist version of that, at any rate) – at least until the thoracic spine MRI results come in (June 3).

Well, nope-areeno. Apparently Donna’s Tumor Garden and Bullshit Factory has been working, thriving and growing during 45’s fuckwadian plague. I’d say “Gee, glad something’s been booming during quarantine” but, ya know, in this case, that’s a big, fat, fucking lie.

One, maybe more, of my bean meningiomas has been bulking up. Shit’s not critical yet but it’s threatening in that direction.

I asked about the super-duper, new INTUITT-NF2 (Innovative Trial for Understanding the Impact of Targeted Therapies in NF2) – can I get in on the clinical trials or is MORE fucking surgery a lock. The answer? It depends on my personal chemistry – will it happily hookup with the INTUITT-NF2 magic pills or no.

This feels like a Star Trekian Match.com – can I get a date with the tri-laser connector of my dreams or no? Right now, I’m on the list – in line to meet the, potentially, magic pills live and in person. Will we hit it off in real life or no?

If not, me and scalpel wizard, Doc Barker, will be doing the OR dance yet again. This'd be our fifth go 'round.

I’ll have another brain MRI in November. Depending on how fast this chubby fucker (I believe I’ll name him George) is putting on the weight AND depending on whether or not, with all the COVID crap, my chemistry’s been reviewed, analyzed, and OKed for liftoff, I may very well be back under the bright OR lights in the Lunder Building by December.

But wait, there’s MORE – if my June 3rd MRI shows sig growth on the ol' spine meningioma farm, I’ll have my back ripped apart again by the fab, knife wielding Doc Coumans.

One more body horror and I’ll have a surgical hat trick. *yea?*

Meanwhile, it's Wednesday which is Pub Night at Jen and Oni's Magic Food Emporium and Cat Bar. We'll have goldfish crackers, vino and Thai grub (MMMMMM!). An ep of Star Trek: Discovery or Lucifer will be viewed and discussed. Major chill WILL be achieved.
She's one helluva bartender when she can be pried away from her stuffed animals.

6 comments:

  1. Jesus Christ, Donna! What did you do to piss off the gods this time? If you've got Amazon prime video, check out the show "Evil." I guarantee you'll love it. Especially if you're a David Tennant fan which I suspect you are. Hug a cat, watch "Lucifer," (I have to get back to it) and remember there are alot of good vibes heading your way. Mwuah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Tennant ...mmmmmmmm :-)

      As for pissing off the gods – damned if I know. Possibly they're feeling a mite sensitive and overworked, what with all those newbie crowds crossing the River Styx.

      Thanks for the Evil tip!

      Delete
  2. Best wishes on all of your procedures! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to come up with something gentle and kind but this is the best I could do … Turkey Turds, Donkey Dung and Bat Guano!! To hell with those meningiomas. Stomping feet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

      MUCH more better and fun!

      Delete