Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Distraction Action Episode 5,000

It’s gonna be in the 80s again today…whine, snivel. I’ll sit on the porch later – catch the odd sea breeze and attempt to read. I have TWO funny sci-fi paperbacks, starring giant space traveling octopuses. They're the flawed, vaguely-evil-but-not-really heroes. You’d think, wouldn’t you, that these would be right the fuck up my alley. I mean, humongous super-intelligent octopuses who crack wise and always triumph? What’s not to love?

I AM, however, the reigning Queen of Short Attention Span Kingdom.

Today I’ll also continue with my new project – doodle cards. I got this idea from my pal Bob Ray. He bought a stack of those 3.5”x5.5” pre-stamped postcards, doodles on them and then drops them in the post box to his buds and acquaintances. The deal is, you get a card from Bob Ray, you mail one back.

HOW goddamn cool is this? Who doesn’t want to get art by mail, huh?

Shit quickly spun outta control when I began drawing yesterday. First, 3.5”x5.5” is too damn small. Second, COLOR. I NEED COLOR! So, I’m at 5”x7” and am using waterbased markers. This means that I’ve got to stick these babies in envelopes so’s they don’t get all smeared in the mails.

I’ll attempt to go smaller and black pen only but not today – I’m having too much fun!

Also, am I great at finding distractions from important biz shit OR WUT! My taxes and Etsy shop will have to wait until tomorrow.

2 comments: