Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Day?

What day is it? Wut? Thursday? Yur sure?

For those of you still attempting to adjust to the whole working from home deal, I RILLY would have thought that – after five fucking years of freelance/at home gigging, I’d be all acclimated to how differently time and the days of the week behave. Nope!  Just FYI and shit, don’t get your this-disorientation-will-pass hopes up.

At least, living in New England versus Southern California, I know the season. It’s spring…yes? I got that one right, didn’t I?
This is Sanford Stadium in Georgia.
It holds a little more than 95,000 people.
This is how many people are now dead
due to Trump and his Republican Party’s
incompetence, greed and stone idiocy.
As of this morning there are/have been 1,593,297 cases of the Trump Plague here in the previously decent U.S. of A. We’re now up to 95,000 deaths. 95,000! But sure, let’s all flood the bars, stadiums and churches and fuck those fucking masks too. Republicans – the most shortsighted, greedheaded and dimwitted souls on the planet.

Massachusetts has begun a Four-Phase Approach reopening. Each phase will last for three weeks at minimum.
If public health data trends are negative, specific industries, regions, and/or the entire Commonwealth may need to return to an earlier phase
Right now, there’s not a LOT different than the Stay At Home, pre-Four Phase, time. Construction and manufacturing kicked back in on Monday. This was immediately noticeable to me as the dilapidated house next door is now being gutted for teardown and rebuild.

All my doc appointments (apart from MRIs and bloodwork) are still done online. I’ve a general physical later today. I’m guessing there won’t be a pelvic or booby exam. Just a hunch. (what's the good Doc gonna do – yell show us yur tits at the screen?)

Beaches and parks can reopen on the 25th of the month. Nantasket at dawn here I come! Also, I’m doing MUCH better with my walking – my balance isn’t quite as banjaxed – so I’ll be able to hike in the Blue Hills later this month. Yea!

Shops and pubs won’t be open until July or August but I’m cool with that. Of fucking course I am – I want to continue living and shit!

On this morning’s walk, Jen and I passed just one other bemasked hoofer. Dunno if I mentioned this already but I realized (OK, Jen clued me in) my endurance and breathing is significantly better when there are fewer people out and about. People, unmasked potential COVID carrying humans, they unnerve me – I steer clear. All that watching out means I’m not focusing on my balance. I bob, weave and, just generally – with my arms flung out like a tightrope walker, look like a chubby zombie stumbling up the street. FYI, this is NOT one of my more attractive, graceful looks.

In any case, I’m up to a mile to a mile and a half on six out of seven days. That may not sound like much but, for me, it’s awesome.

Next, mebbe this weekend, Jen and I are gonna try some light jogging. She’s attempting, after painful, debilitating, post marathon foot and joint issues, to get back in the game – taking it very slow. I’m gonna tag along. After all my running dreams (where it felt like flying), I wanna give it a go.

Who knows?

2 comments:

  1. Love all of the Housecat meme! So glad your stamina is improving. Rooty Toot for Donna!

    ReplyDelete