Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Aht Day

Today is an art buying day.

I started with two prints by Jim Wright/Stonekettle Station. One is a close up shot of an alligator’s eye, the other is a dining dragonfly.

Next – two tea bowls from Tenmoku – Deep Ocean and Peacock.


AND it’s an art making day. I’m working on another Medusa which is going, more or less, well. I need to keep stepping away from it so’s I don’t fuck it up. Pics when complete.

The following canvas will, I think, be my own version of Klimt’s Medicine ceiling painting. It no longer exists as the building burned down.

Art and exercise – that’s how I’m getting through these crazy-ass Plague45 days while I wait for spine surgery.

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
~ Banksy


Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.
~ Thomas Merton 


We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.
~ Bob Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment