Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

And you may ask yourself...

Let’s talk about hair.

I’ve already whinged on about my finer than bunny fur “tresses.” There’s just no getting around my complete inability to rock a luxuriant mane. Sure, I could get a perm. Ya know what I look like with a perm? Like a woman with thin hair who’s trying too damn hard and getting ridiculously paltry results.



What would I look like if I shaved my head? NOT like Ayanna Pressley or Persis Khambatta – that’s for damn sure.

After five craniotomies my hairless, scarred tĂȘte looks more like a NYC subway map only not so happily colorful. Dammit.

I’m having an EEG later this morning. The results will tell me whether or not I can quit my anti-seizure meds  Not having to take these Godzilla sized pills twice daily will be cool BUT, what if I stop with the meds and then have a seizure? It’d suck if there’s some kind of miscalculation. Ten’s still in Oregon and Coco refuses to learn how to use the phone. Who’ll be here to call 911 and save the day?


Imma need to get answers before I ditch these horse pills.


In other fine news, a Colorado squirrel has tested positive for bubonic plague. I, as you might imagine, have questions.
  1. How did they find this plague ridden squirrel? Did she go up to a some random suburban door and say “Hey, I’m feeling a bit feverish – can ya give me a lift to the hospital?”
  2. There’re a few dozen cases of Bubonic plague here in the US every year AND two people died in Colorado from the plague in 2015. WTF? HOW did this happen and WHY didn’t I know about it?
  3. I only mention it BUT, way back in the science deficient Middle Ages, when the Black Death (Bubonic plague’s tag du jour) was raging, folks in charge grokked that the disease spread had something to do with people being all physically tight.
...forward-thinking officials in Venetian-controlled port city of Ragusa decided to keep newly arrived sailors in isolation until they could prove they weren’t sick. 
At first, sailors were held on their ships for 30 days, which became known in Venetian law as a trentino. As time went on, the Venetians increased the forced isolation to 40 days or a quarantino, the origin of the word quarantine and the start of its practice in the Western world.  (source)
If a 14th century, science-lite government can protect its citizens, why can’t we? Oh wait – I know the answer. Despite this being the 21st century with all our brill med and tech advances, the U.S. government is infested with science denying trolls who would rather fluff and flatter a mega fragile, dimwitted, egomaniacal grifter than support and protect the folks who elected them.

Oh and the Plague45 vaccine? When it finally comes out, it won’t be free. Supposedly – according to the Treasonweasel admin, it WILL will be provided free of charge to Americans who can’t afford it BUT, remember how the small biz bailout went?

Data released Monday by the Small Business Administration shows that businesses owned by members of Congress and the law practice that represented President Trump were among the hundreds of thousands of firms that received aid from the agency.
As part of its $660 billion small-business relief program, the SBA also handed out loans to private schools catering to elite clientele, firms owned by foreign companies and large chains backed by well-heeled Wall Street firms. Nearly 90,000 companies in the program took the aid without promising on their applications they would rehire workers or create jobs. (source)
Rich piggies already at the trough get served first. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

No comments:

Post a Comment