Search This Blog

Thursday, July 9, 2020

I’ve Seen All Good People...

And it's a larger crew than I'd imagined.

Still, the evidence of humanity’s lower than base nature slaps me in the face and steals my lunch money (all while running aroung snowflakely maskless) every damn day.
It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.
~ Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl
I don’t. Maybe I never did. Goodness always surprises me.

Now and especially after witnessing that glow-in-the-dark, dollar store dye-jobbed, horror-show abomination of a prez, his sycophantic Republican enablers and the hateful and utterly braindead zombies of Cult45, I def don’t believe that humanity is inherently good.

Incredibly, the racist bloviator in chief's approval rating is STILL above 40%, if only just barely above. No wonder Europe (and Iceland) don't want us visiting and Mexico's closed the border. I can't, in any way, blame them

I DO believe in the goodness of my friends, my loved ones – it's crystal clear and streams daily. I also believe that, beyond the limits of my ken, there are a fuck-ton more awesomely wonderful, caring, smart souls – DUH. Angels, of the human variety, DO exist. I know this.

While every one of us is flawed (including, shocking as this may be, MOI) none but the most morally and intellectually bankrupt would support or do the stratospherically cruel and astoundingly stupid shit that we’ve seen and endured from the KKK Kleptocracy. I can't imagine remaining in a friendship with someone who, at minimum, values their own convenience over my, or anyone else's, life.
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.
~ Langston Hughes
Life IS, for me and the rest of these the UNunited States, a broken-winged bird. We're flopping around on the ground but, if all good people focus on the world beyond our own respective skin suits, the universes outside our own front door we CAN fly again. Dammit.

If we don’t?
Don't surround yourself with yourself
Move on back two square
~ Jon Anderson; Chris Squire
I've GOT to get outta this head space before I drown in a sea of bleak. My spine surgery is less than a month away now. I'll be in MGH for four to six days. Maybe being in a different place will cheer me up?
Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
~ Shel Silverstein

No comments:

Post a Comment