Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Last night I had the strangest dream

I was working in a large warehouse where, it soon became clear, I needed to kill someone. The soon to be deceased’s ID and crime were never revealed but, to paraphrase Clarence Darrow, I may not have killed an asswad before, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.

Yeah dude, in these Plague45 times, there’s a seemingly endless number of greedheaded and shitheeled, shortbrained and twisted, twat faces whose death notices would perk me straight up.

Dunno how I did the deed – there was no blood – but I def offed the targeted and deserving fucker.

Next, I had to get rid of the remains. There was no convenient ocean nearby (plus, I was loath to poison and/or annoy the hell outta the fishies with that vile and possibly plague-ifyed corpse) so I had to dig a grave.

Oof.
  • Physical labor and me aren’t on intimate terms.
  • I KNEW it wouldn’t be pretty. My approach to precision craftsmanship (i.e., gravedigging) is more Jackson Pollack than Piet Mondrian.
I had to be extra hyper neat with my efforts too since the only available plot space was the ultra tidy lawn in front of an insurance company. TOO MUCH PRESSURE, DAMMIT!

Next scene showed the finished final resting hole and, though not a full six feet deep, it was a beauty – 90ยบ angles, smooth walls and floor AND the golf course-like green-space was completely undisturbed. Damn, I was proud of my work!

Then I woke up semi-frantically wondering "who'd I off?!" I knew though, whoever it was, TOTALLY deserved it.

Jen tells me that I’m always little death obsessed before surgery so, this is what passes for normal in Donnaville. I RILLY wish surgery was goin’ down next week instead of three weeks from now. I just wanna get this done and over with.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh this early morning photo reminded me to take a deep breath. Thank you.

    On Friday, July 20 you mentioned FUD. My man does most of the cooking so yep, I'm spoiled. When I cook for myself it's one pot meals that I can divvy up and freeze. Chili is a favorite. You could do this with kidney and black beans and skip the meat. I go easy on the chili powder because I like the flavor but not the fire.

    I also recommend a pot of lentils or split peas with carrots, parsnips, sweet potato and broth. I often grate the sweet potato to make the mix thicker. I add a couple tablespoons of chia seed and a few handfuls of baby greens to boost the nutrient value. Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. A generous splash of olive oil is good with everything.

    Toss it all in the pot and simmer for about an hour and then divide it into individual freezer boxes. When I need fud, all I have to do is partially defrost and heat in the microwave. Easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds wonderful! Maybe in the fall, once the heat passes, I'll have the motivation :-) The lentil, carrot etc.is right up my alley.

      Delete