Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2020

It’s Mardy Monday

Mardy
adjective
      grumpy or moody; sulky
noun
       grumpy mood; a sulk:

I woke in a mardy this morning. Why? Eh, I’m utterly done with the Tangerine Treasonweasel and anyone dimwitted enough to support that hate mongering, terrorist inciting, ugly-ass, suppurating sore on the face of humanity.

So…yeah… this tune’s stuck in my head this morning.

I want to go back to “arguments” on Twitter and Shoutyface about bands, art, movies and the bestest place to holiday (Iceland…DUH!). My friend Tom posted that he’s always felt the Beach Boys were overrated and I was SO there for this thread!

I never understood their appeal AT ALL. When friends, whose musical tastes I respected, praised Pet Sounds (as though it was the second coming of Blonde on Blonde or Revolver) I was mystified. The Beach Boys were no more than frat-rat bubblegum – music to rape freshman coeds by.

Having said that, David Lee Roth's cover of California Girls is hilariously transcendent.

Why are Plague45 cases in Massachusetts on a significant rise. 730 new ones and 14 deaths just yesterday alone. 

My very limited people exposure doesn’t give me a complete pic of the sitch. Apart from my hospital habit, I leave the house for walkies once or twice a day and, on ultra rare occasion, will accompany Ten to the grocery. People are masked up. Social distancing is, mostly, generally, done. So, wut up?

Boston’s a BIG college town and, not all but, the majority are back in session. They're all doing a hybrid of online and in person learning. I expect, masking and distancing is routinely ignored by the we’re-gonna-live-forever age group. This would account for some of the day to day case leaps.

I realize kids and the empathy devoid, idiot trumpers aren’t the only ones spreading disease and death. There are also the very well meaning, usually careful folk who are cabin fevered to the max. Now that more businesses in Massachusetts have opened, they feel safer. They’ve dropped their guard a bit and just HAVE to go out to eat, shop, gallery hop or sit at a bar. I can SO relate BUT shit’s not safe yet. I’m even less interested in going out now.

I’d welcome news about how people are coming together to survive and tamp down this latest death dealing virus wave. Is that even a thing or are us olds and immunocompromised just in perma-quarantine?

I don’t want to “hear” any more of 45’s lies and projections or read more about how he and his sycophantic Republi/Facist party and fanbois are destroying Democracy.

I'd much rather talk about Yayoi Kusama’s brill Aftermath of Obliteration of Eternity (and her other Infinity Rooms), Max Frintrop’s fascinating abstracts or Allison Newsome’s clay sculptures.

Wouldn’t it be nice?

2 comments:

  1. Don't take much for David Lee Roth to be better than ...I agree, way over-rated, and I grew up out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd always cringe when their tunes came on the radio. They just reeked of entitled white boy.

      Delete