Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2021

I need a cookie, dammit!

I feel overwhelmed by all the insane horseshit, insurrection and death flying through the air right now. Of course I do – I'm a sentient being aren't I?

I’m just happy the National Guard (troops from Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York and Virginia joined those from D.C.) are already in D.C.

This quote by R.A.Wilson is perhaps the best summary of Republican "Christianity." It seems ridiculously apt this morning:

“The Bible tells us to be like God, and then on page after page it describes God as a mass murderer. This may be the single most important key to the political behavior of Western Civilization.”
I’m resoundingly sad over other shit too – not just the attacks on democracy and civilization. Yesterday would’ve been The Amazing Bob’s 79th birthday. The 27th of this month would’ve been our 35th anniversary. He’s been gone four and a half years now and some days it feels like he left this good Earth just yesterday.

Also, apparently my bean likes to be all organized and shit (at least as far as mourning is concerned). I’m also grieving the loss of Kevin Scott.
The intense heartache when a precious loved one dies feels, at first and for a long while, unsurvivable. The pain became less searing as time rolled by. I no longer felt like I was constantly being stabbed by flaming, sharp sticks. That evolved into days, weeks and months of peace. Grief always rises again though. It ain’t toothless on these revivals but the anguish is less screamingly intense.
~~~~

"For in grief nothing "stays put." One keeps on emerging from a phase, but it always recurs. Round and round. Everything repeats. Am I going in circles, or dare I hope I am on a spiral?

But if a spiral, am I going up or down it?

How often -- will it be for always? -- how often will the vast emptiness astonish me like a complete novelty and make me say, "I never realized my loss till this moment"? The same leg is cut off time after time.”
~ C.S. Lewis

"The world is too fucking big. Sometimes, I can't even carry myself through all the love and fear."
~ Sherman Alexie

TAB and Kevin are MIA physically but not emotionally. They're both wound around my heart and always will be.

That's your solution? Have a cookie?' Astrid asked. 'No, my solution is to run down to the beach and hide out until this is all over,' Sam said. 'But a cookie never hurts.
~ Michael Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment