Search This Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Silence

I've got nothing to say but it's OK
Good morning
Good morning
Good morning, ah
~ Beatles

Never miss a good chance to shut up.
~ Will Rogers

We went down into the silent garden. Dawn is the time when nothing breathes, the hour of silence. Everything is transfixed, only the light moves.
~ Leonora Carrington

When I pronounce the word Future,
the first syllable already belongs to the past.

When I pronounce the word Silence,
I destroy it.
~ Wisława Szymborska, Poems New and Collected

My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence.
~ Edith Sitwell

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.
~ George Eliot, Impressions of Theophrastus Such

Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively verbalizing.
~ William S. Burroughs, The Job: Interviews with William S. Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment