Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Tell Me Why

The boy who murdered four people at his Georgia high school had been interviewed by the cops last year about “anonymous” online threats he’d made.
Colt Gray, 14, denied to police in May 2023 he was behind internet posts that contained images of guns, warning of a school shooting.

The suspect opened fire on Wednesday at Apalachee High School in the city of Winder, killing two teachers and two pupils, investigators say. Eight students and one teacher were injured.
~~~
Sheriff's deputies interviewed the boy and his father, who "stated he had hunting guns in the house, but the subject did not have unsupervised access to them", the FBI said.
(source)
So, the father says the teen didn’t have “unsupervised access” to the guns. Apparently he did though. Either Pops got sloppy—maybe forgot about his youngster’s online threats from just a year before and had stopped locking up the family weapons of war—OR he lied to the sheriff’s deputies about that no unsupervised access business. Either way, the parents are at fault for letting slip their little dog of war.

Why’d the unhinged little fuck do it? Was he friendless and unmercifully bullied at school? So was I and I got less than no fucking help from my mother when I begged her for help. Zippo advice. NO words of wisdom. Nothing beyond “they tease you because they like you.” Yeah… no, that ain’t it. Also, that’s some spectacularly clueless go-away-kid-ya-bother-me bullshit. I tried to explain to her how that totally wasn’t the case but she brushed me off. 

Did I bring some big-ass assault rifle to school and shoot the whole day down? No. I didn’t have a gun and, even if I did, I wouldn’t have gone all Republican Wacko. Not my scene and there’s no future in that shit anyway. Instead, I did a bit of risk assessment and determined the best course of action was to wait them out and escape as soon as I could. I did.
(Tell me why) I don't like Mondays
I wanna shoot, the whole day down
Down, down, shoot it all down

And all the playing's stopped in the playground now
She wants to play with the toys a while
And school's out early and soon we'll be learning
And the lesson today is how to die
By the by, Brenda Spencer, the 16-year-old killer who inspired the Boomtown Rats 1979 song I Don’t Like Mondays, is still in jail. Her villain origin story includes a neglectful mother, a father who beat and sexually abused her and abject poverty.

Where did Brenda get the gun?

Her father, 
for Christmas in 1978, gave her a semi-automatic .22 caliber rifle. Nothing like grooming the future mass murderers of America, eh?

Brenda’s motivations?
Spencer said that she wanted, "to do something big to get on TV.”
~~~
When asked why she committed the shooting Spencer later replied, "I just did it for the fun of it. I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day. I have to go now. I shot a pig (policeman) I think and I want to shoot more. I'm having too much fun (to surrender)." She also said, "I had no reason for it, and it was just a lot of fun. It was just like shooting ducks in a pond. "  They [The children] looked like a herd of cows standing around; it was really easy pickings.”
~~~
It was noted she mentioned the attacks months before when she told friends: "One of these mornings, you´re gonna look for me. No one understands me. You don´t have to wait very long to see what is going on with me."


Neither her parents nor her friends paid heed to these statements. (source)
Parents and friends didn’t pay attention to the big-ass warning signs? Shocking? Nope.

What’s Colt Gray’s story. Considering he was named after a fucking gun, I think it’s safe to assume his parents are idiot gun freaks. Was he bullied at school? Abused at home? Maybe he just doesn’t like Wednesdays and wanted to do something big so he’d be on teevee. I suppose we’ll find out his deal as the investigation continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment