Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Today

Xmas Cactus going wild

I'm off to an early appointment with my neuro-ophthalmologist. Hopefully this time it won't be forestalled by insane rush hour traffic or him running hours late. Seriously, my time is important too. I'm not waiting an hour+ again, only to be told by staff that they have no idea how much longer the wait will be. I would still find the appointment delays annoying BUT I'd be a hell of a lot more patient and understanding if I didn't need to manage the consultation so closely. That is, though he has all my records on hand, he comes to the appointments unaware and unprepared. I'm not a low-maintenance patient—there's a lot going wrong with me all the damn time.

Ya know, read my goddamn background reports before walking in the door. A smile, some glad handing and a quick look through the fancy ophthalmic machine isn't gonna be enough to keep me in Vision Heaven.

I believe today will be the day that I decide whether to ask Plotkin for a recommendation to a more engaged neuro-ophthalmologist. How can this problematic neuro-op be the head of a department at a major research hospital? I ask you!

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
~ Lemony Snicket, Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid

No comments:

Post a Comment