Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

It’s Never Too Late

What a spectacularly huge load of diuretic armadillo feces!

It’s too late for me to reignite my friendship with Sean Vigle. He’s gone and I’m angry as all hell at myself for not acting sooner. Of course, had I known Sean’s expiration date, I surely would have.

Should've checked the back of the package, eh?

Here’s what I’m taking away from this, my lesson learned -- since I can’t seem to find my goddamned crystal ball (so I can always anticipate tragedy), ACT NOW before it is too late.

I’ll be getting in contact with old friends who I’ve not seen in a long time. No, I’m not planning to invade and take over their lives like some crazed, needy wild woman.

Oh là là! Em...nein.

I want to connect once again with Greg and Karin who live in Pasco, Washington where they are both instructors at Columbia Basin College. Greg and I used to have studio space in the same Somerville building. We have similar art sensibilities -- we get each other’s work. His wife Karin is awesome plus -- interesting, mega smart, engaged with the world and warm. Very warm.

I miss them both.

I want to be in touch with Burne again. We spent a lot of time together back when I was volunteering for her organization, The Massachusetts Center for Native American Awareness. She was warm, supportive, wise and a lot of fun too. We took swing dancing classes together.

I miss her.

There are others. So many wonderful people pass through our lives.

 Happily, bittersweetly, Sean's brother Greg and I have just re-hooked up. We originally met after Sean moved on to LA and Greg had arrived here for school. He lives in Kentucky now -- we won't be sitting together, raising multiple, innumerable sad, wistful, celebratory toasts to Sean BUT there's always email.

Thanks to the tragically unhip Facebook I’ve been able to know and visit with pals I’d not seen in ages. Of course it’s not the same as real face time but, all the same, it’s good. It’s something.

How about this:
you can’t always assume it’s too late
or
SOMEtimes it’s not too late.
ACT NOW before it’s too late! 
Also, as my my cousin Gary always says: Enjoy every sandwich.

Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment