Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2016

Advice and Cats

BOP!
Coco and her pet human, TAB
The Amazing Bob gave me brill advice over the years. In going through all his papers, I found this one, below, from 2008-ish. This was in the days of BOP (Big Orange Pumpkin) before we became Tux Central.

An aside – TAB was especially fond of large orange tabbies. Jen has suggested that if reincarnation is a thing, TAB’s gonna come back as an orange tabby who’s adopted by a certain cat lady (*cough* me) here on the Neck.

Yes, yes this would be good.

In any case, here are his words of wisdom imparted on that day:
You’re not required to like everyone in your family or all your in-laws. I didn’t and I’ve never met anyone who did.

No one – including you – is expected to win over people who show you no respect.
You’ve got plenty to cope with already. Like what?

Like dealing with your neuromas, your deafness, your full-time job in a failing economy, your fight to keep your increasingly svelte figure, creating and marketing your works of art and taking care of BOP and me…to name a few.

Lighten up your load, my sweet.
Yeah, my man was wise – not just a wise guy.

If you're really a mean person you're going to come back as a fly and eat poop.
~ Kurt Cobain
TAB, as a cat, will have nothing but Fancy Feast Grilled Tuna and Catnip Fever treats. Of course.

An interesting take from Faulkner:
You know that if I were reincarnated, I’d want to come back a buzzard. Nothing hates him or envies him or wants him or needs him. He is never bothered or in danger, and he can eat anything.
and I like this, from Nuno Roque:
I love the idea of reincarnation, so just in case it doesn't exist, I decided to be different people in the same lifetime.
TAB and I mebbe would've done this but, ya know, that's a lot of work and we have a herd of cat to feed and cosset!

No comments:

Post a Comment