Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2017

Fuzz

Huh, it appears to be Monday. AGAIN.

These fast trips to see mein Vater are always discombobulating. The first day home is spent in a deep haze. This time, however, I seem to be working on a two day brain fuzz hangover. My befuddled fogbound tĂȘte will be coddled and cuddled – compounded – by the weather. Rain. The forecast says it'll rain every damn day this week. Joy.

Rain is good. Needed. Still, it infuses me with the energy to do nothing more than curl up in my minty, comfy chair with a ripping yarn, a cup of spiced chai and my sweet kitten. I really do have to get off my duff and work (design jobs won’t design themselves, don’cha know), hit the gym and perform other dull life support shit.

***groan***

Under the thinning fog the surf curled and creamed, almost without sound, like a thought trying to form inself on the edge of consciousness.
~ Raymond Chandler, The Big Sleep

After a long silence, Dodge cleared his throat. "I think I speak for all of us when I say, 'Huh?'"
~ Frank Beddor, Seeing Redd

Remember that there is only one important time and that is now. The present moment is the only time over which we have dominion. The most important person is always the person you are with, who is right before you, for who knows if you will have dealings with any other person in the future?
~ Leo Tolstoy, The Emperor's Three Questions 

Fog

The fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.

She felt all right. Her heart was like a drum hanging from piano wire in her chest, slowly, slowly beaten. Her hands and feet were numb, not with cold but with a sultry torpor. Thoughts moved with a tranquil lethargy, her brain a leisurely machine imbedded in swaths of woolly packing.

She felt all right.
~ Richard Matheson, I Am Legend and Other Stories

I think, therefore I am... confused.
~ Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.
~ Bill Watterson

Ya know, if it’s good enough for Calvin’s Da, it damn well’s good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment