Search This Blog

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Odie and Sapphire's side of the story

Sometimes I'm called Bowie but only by a certain, very occasional
visitor scribe who can’t get over my gorgeous two tone eyes.
Yes, I’m a bastion of tolerance and maturity.
I didn’t get the nickname Goodie Four Paws for nothin’!

Jenny and John felt it would be just and fair for us to hear Odie and Sapphire's feelings and opinions about their new rommate. Of course!

Day 6: Odie's take on his new sister:
Well, it's been a week since Stella came clamoring into our lives. I'm 9 years old, so I still remember what it's like to be a young pup, who thinks the world revolves around me. I believe I’ve shown remarkable restraint with this little spitfire, who thinks she's all that and a hot fudge sundae. At first, she growled and nipped at me if I even dared walk past one of her many, precious "toys." J and J's friends, Alex and Armando, gave us each a really cool toy for Christmas. You can hide treats inside, and when you throw them, they bounce like a ball. Of course, she has confiscated my toy. But my patience with her has paid off. Today, she actually allowed me to sniff one of her toys without getting her panties all in a bunch.

Oh, I just can’t!
John, please fetch me a catnip mouse and a flute of spring water.
NOW!
Bonnie, AKA The Saint
The cat, who was traumatized at first, now walks right up to her and rubs his face against her. Of course, Sapphire had to put Stella in her place a couple of times before she figured out not to mess with him. I actually enjoy a little playtime with her for short bursts and John and Jenny think she's a good influence, as far as getting me off my butt once in a while. I also get more walks with Stella around, so, she's been a good influence on them too.

I have to agree that she is kind of fun. But I'm also happy when she retires to her kennel at night and when John and Jenny go out. There is no end to the mischief she can conjure up when left unsupervised by the humans.

Jenny says we are going to walk to the pet store today, and see if we can get some chew toys on sale. Stella’s destroyed several tennis balls and chew toys that were not up to snuff. But they've also found a couple that are up to the Stella challenge. We'll see if we can't find more today.

John took Stella to the vet yesterday, because she brought a kennel cough home with her. The vet said she has a "big" personality. Well, that's much nicer wording than I would have used. "Obnoxious" is the word I’d have chosen. She DOES grow on you though. And I take back what I said earlier about her letting me sniff her toys. She just growled at me for sniffing one.

Oh well. Puppy steps. It's going to be an interesting New Year around here.
 ~~~~~~~~
Sapphire has a few less generous things to say.
Hi, my name is Sapphire, Lord and Master of the Moats-Jones household. Yes, that's my full, legal name, thank you.
I've given these humans permission to reside in my home now for over 10 years. How have they repaid my very generous gift of love and care?

Sapphire, Lord and Master
Well lets see... We had a dog named Bonnie for my entire existence here. She loved nothing more than to harass me for merely being. She made several vain attempts at herding me. Imagine that –  me, the Lord and Master, being herded and by a dumb dog at that. Well, we grew closer as time went on or, maybe, more tolerant is a better way to put it. Then a couple of weeks ago Bonnie was suddenly gone. I wanted to dance with joy. On further consideration though, I realized she had actually been a very good companion over the decade we'd known each other. She barked at any approaching, possible dangers, allowing me to feel safe in this environment.

Just as the hole left by her disappearance started to close up, Jenny and John brought home this new, pain in the ass puppy who also tried to herd me. Being that I'm older, wiser and a whole lot less tolerant, I put this puppy in its place the very first time it came after me. A few claws to the face was all it took for it to understand this kitty means business. The puppy still tries to sniff my hind quarters which is the absolute stupidest dog behavior ever. Who sniffs a Lord and Master's ass to see what they're all about? I personally am much more dignified – I sniff other's food bowls. I digress though, a growl or a quick swipe of a claw is all it takes to send this little scamp running.

Jenny and John, I really think you need to consider taking this mischievous black and white troublemaker back from whence it came! Please huh. Will ya?
Stella Blue the scamp, spitfire and Destroyer of Tennis Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment