Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Ramble, Ramble, Ramble

Le Weekend – we just had one of them, ya know. It was one of those big, BIG three day babies too. And now it’s Tuesday though it feels like Monday.  Of course.

Moof.

I tried to take the weekend off – avoid the news entirely. I only managed to duck it here and there though. Maybe that’s the best I can manage in this age of batshit insane Republican rule.

Naturally, it didn’t help that the bulk of the weekend was cold (only 57º!!!) and rainy. No, it did NOT escape my notice that, just a couple months back I was calling 37º warm. With apologies to old Walt:
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I belie myself;
(I am silly, I contain multitudes.)
The gloom was broken up by Jen’s mother’s birthday party where Jen’s niece and nephew launched a surprise pillow attack. I fought, honorably *dammit*, from the sideline – occasionally bopping Bridget and Patrick over the head. As you can see Jen was tenaciously, fiercely holding her own. She’s everyone’s fave Auntie – duh!

In Bookville, on Ten’s valued, wise suggestion, I began rereading Tony Hillerman, starting with The Dark Wind. It’s successfully engrossing, keeping me from checking the latest ugly news for as much as 30 minutes at a time. Believe me, mon ami, this is an improvement.

Welcoming me back into the work week was Princess Coco. At 3:30 this morning she launched a big wake-the-old-broad campaign. Was she hungry? Nah. This was about love and affection, get it while ya can…and shit.

I was having a brill dream where I was buying a mellow yellow Queen Anne style Victorian carriage house right in downtown Portland, Maine. I wasn’t moving – no. The plan was to rent it out in summer and, the rest of the year, use it as a weekend house. All the rooms were vast and airy with floor to ceiling windows. There were, incredibly, views of the ocean from all windows. HEAVEN! Plus, I could, in my genteel poverty, actually easily afford it. MOLTO fabulous!

I guess I ought to be thankful for Coco’s interruption. In real life I can’t even begin to imagine owning more property OR being a landlord. //shudder//

Hi, my name is Donna and I’m a commitment-phobe.

So, it may feel like a Monday but the sun's come back. I don't have any work on my plate just yet AND it's already 64 beautiful degrees out. Time to open up the windows, do a little painting and wake Coco from her nap. Turn about is, after all, TOTAL fair play!

2 comments:

  1. That is funny, you picked up the one where he turned that phrase. See things differently, you will.

    ReplyDelete