Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Ire Time

My brain is a whirlwind of pain and fire. I'm on la strada della furia. Just FYI and shit, this is not entirely due to the Tangerine Obscenity. Bast knows though, him and his Republican Party are, every single goddamned day, more than enough to plant me in Rage City. Not today though. There's extra special kindling for my current  conflagration.

You see, I’ve entered the BIG BAD anniversary time. It was at the end of June, two years ago, that my world blew up. My hero's skin suit traitorously crapped out on him. Cancer was back and blooming like a California forest fire. The Amazing Bob's lungs had gotten all soupy, making breathing MOST difficult and then there was his dicky ticker. Heinouosity was on tap.

Anger is one of my more muscular depression flowers. Why? //shrug// I suppose it's my reaction to feeling/being helpless.
Anger is useful only to a certain point. After that, it becomes rage, and rage will make you careless.
~ Lauren Oliver, Pandemonium
Yes. I'm afraid, in this storm of passionate fury, I'm going to do or say inappropriate things. Ya know, like yell at wholly undeserving friends or strangers.
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I still hear your voice at night
When I turn out the light
And try to settle down
But there's nothing much I can do
John CaleI Keep a Close Watch
Yes. This.
Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.
~ Maya Angelou

Just so ya know, I'm very clean right now – practically antiseptic.
Rage is never blind. Rage is uniquely focused.
~ Guillermo del Toro

Yes but is it focused on the best, most appropriate target? I've got to keep this anger caged – only let it out to howl and shred the bestest targets. Fer instance: Tangerine Twitler, the Evil Keebler Elf, the troll's troll Stephen Miller, Sarah Lie-Spewer Sanders, Corrupt-o Turtle McConnell, that Zombie Eyed, Lying Granny Starver Ryan and all their many accomplices.

We must learn how to explode! Any disease is healthier than the one provoked by a hoarded rage.
~ Emil M. Cioran
It looked as if a night of dark intent was coming, and not only a night, an age. Someone had better be prepared for rage...
~ Robert Frost
Despite all my rage
I am still just a rat in the cage.

~ Billy Corgan 
He was red with anger, except where he was white with rage. When he spoke, his words seared through the air like so many knives, clipped as topiary, crisp as biscuits.
~ Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
 Jen keeps me sane (as close as I ever get anyway). She brings me back to earth with soothing words, acceptance, pragmatic notes and, of course, wine.
There was something peculiarly gratifying about shouting in a blind rage until your words ran out. Of course, the aftermath was less pleasant. Once you'd told everyone you hated them and not to come after you, where exactly did you go?
~ Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Rage wrapped itself around her like a tourniquet, keeping her alive even as it condemned a part of her to atrophy.
~ Omar El Akkad, American War

You can curse the wind, but you can't keep the leaves from falling.
~ Marty Rubin
Yeah, fuck you Marty.
By heaven, I'll make a ghost of him that lets me.
~ William Shakespeare, Hamlet
Willy the Shake – he had the BEST threats!

 'Scuse me, I gotta go elliptical off the top layer of wrath before I explode on some poor innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment