Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2019

I have a few tweaks

Of COURSE I do! Don't I always?

Yes, even Silica Heaven, molto awesome as it totes is, can stand improvement. How?

Well hell, being RIGHT next door to Valhalla would be a grand start but, talkin' realism and shit (I know...QUEL drag!) here are a few simple, easy ideas:


1) Having a herd of cats running the halls would be TREEmendous. Not only are our furry friends Agents of C.A.L.M. they're cute as all hell, never failing to sooth and put a smile on me kisser. The Silica could get a starter herd of, say, 10, just to get staff and guests acclimated, and grow from there.

I know, I know, SOME people are allergic (poor dears). Those who are, don’t need to invite Bast’s beloveds into their rooms. Simple.

This, to MY cat doormat mind, is a simple, WIN/WIN way to increase my chill levels (and isn't that what's MOST important? Yes, yezzzzz it is).

2) A bar wouldn't go amiss. Just a wee one that overlooks their wondrous private lagoon. After a day of hiking through the lava fields (or just reading in my room with the brill view) it'd be sweet to simply stroll down the hall, grab a tall stool and gaze out at the water, mountains and moss covered lava. Also – people watching.

Yes, there's a pub over at a the BIG Blue Lagoon BUT after a hike and an hour long soak/float, I'm completely boneless AND not up for crowds of hyper, beer drinking, selfie snapping tourists. I realize that these mega amped, cell obsessed folks are, likely, here for the very first (and only) time. I'm sure the lot of them are stunned by the alien landscape (of, fucking, COURSE!) and totes juiced over the oddness of being outside in their swimtrunks, in the brutally windy, cold, cold air but, at the same time, they're totally toasty warm in the lagoon's balmy, mineral enriched, serenity infusing water (while it's snowing!).

I completely grok their thrill and animation – rilly I do. I don’t fault them. OK, MEEBE I DO. I want to tell each and every turista to put away the cell phone and ale and, ya know, BE HERE NOW. Absorb the glowing warmth of this liquid anodyne, channel your frenetic wonderment into peace *ching* and tranquility. That's what it's there for (in my not terribly humble opinion)! This isn't a ride at Disneyland – it's a restorative tranq is what it is.

Dammit.

Jen feels the pub's unnecessary as we have wine and a GREAT view in our room. True but no people watching (apart from she and I and we've seen each other a few times already – ya know?). No high stools in our room either.

While I'm talking about people watching – how's 'bout a little variety? Ya know, a few more shades of skin tone would be nice.

3) Jen would like a sauna. Me? I feel this'd be superfluous. The lagoon's water is beautifully warm and, in spots, pretty damn hot. PLUS, instead of sitting on a bench, being smothered by flaming, wet air (if I wanted that, I'd holiday in Houston in August), I MUCH prefer floating.

None of these little tweaks are deal breakers. I WILL keep going back even if they don't have a fleet of felines roaming the halls (but they SO should). Silica heaven IS heavenly after all.

Meanwhile, here at home, I'll be back in the pool at the Y today. The water won't be warm AND I'll be swimming laps, exercising, not floating. Still, water is soothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment