Search This Blog

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Oh Look!

It's Sunday and I don't need to be anywhere today. YEA!

Being sick, just in case you missed the bulletin, is goddamned exhausting. Lemme me rephrase that – being in pain is spectacularly enervating. It wears me right, the fuck, out.

Jen and I went to MEEI for my follow up appointment with Doc Merchant. What I have, just FYI, is a corneal ulcer, a serious bit of no damn fun whatsofuckingever. The good medic says it’s getting better/healing though. BETTER be – this hurts like hell and the antibiotics are flaming that shit right up too.

Good news for Ten – he didn’t need to wake every hour on the hour last night to wake me up so’s I could put in the motherfucking drops. Ya know, I wonder if Ten’s mebbe questioning the wisdom of his decision to move 3,000+ miles away from his home to be with yurs truly – the fucking cranky-ass quasi invalid. Hell, I’d be.

JAYZUSSSSS, this was awesome.
Ten’s a Kitchen God of the highest order!
He says no. Emphatically too and then he went into the kitchen and whipped up a veggie quiche with vegan chorizo sausage for brekkie.

Honest ta Bast, I have no bloody clue how/why I ended up with two such amazing, giving, wonderful life partners WHO COOK – Tab and now Ten. I'm so astoundingly lucky!

Which reminds me of a certain other molto significant person in my life. I had a dream about Kevin Scott last night. He was alive, reasonably well and moving from D.C. to Philadelphia. I was MEGA psyched. I could zip down there via Amtrak on the regular. We’d have SO much fun!

And then, still in Dream World, I stumbled over reality. But, but, I said to me sleeping self, Kevin’s dead. He’s been gone for 28 years now. So much for that happy dream.

Also too, SONG CUE!

Holly Sears Tea Bowl
Meanwhile here on the home-front we’re finally having a sunny day. Thank the little baby Bast for that. Endless grey, rainy days are mondo tedious and depressing, n'est-ce pas and shit? If I had a shred of energy left in me after this MGH/MEEI intensive week, I’d hit the gym. I’ve not darkened the Y’s door since Monday and that’s NAY good. Exercise keeps the Monster of Crankitude at bay. Possibly I’ll manage a little beach walk – might keep the Grouch Demon at bay.

For all of you who are not suffering from the slings and arrows of outrageously stupid health, go to Brookline Village and check out the Feet of Clay Spring Show and Sale. As uszh, the joint’s owner Holly Sears has some brill work up. So does Jane Simon.

It’s a good day to look at fun, cool art (isn’t every day though?) so check ‘em out.
Holly Sears Platter
Jane Simon Vase

No comments:

Post a Comment