Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2019

My Own Private Idaho

OK, OK, it's NOT my personal Idaho (Pennsylvania) but its Michal's and I'm her guest. So...close enough. Right?

In any case, Jen and I are sitting in her kitchen having a motherfucking golden brekkie. I'm now indulging in a second piece of the amazing spinach/mushroom quiche that she whipped up for us. GODDAMN, I'm one contented broad!

Jen and I landed in Pittsburgh yesterday morning thinking we were past rush hour and would sail away to my father's rural town. NOPE! For someone who doesn't work in the city anymore, I spend a stupid-ass amount of time stuck in traffic. I must have a stern word with the gods of transport!

Once past the city heinousosity though, we were out in heavily wooded farmlands. Being mid May, it was mondo GORGEOUS! Raining too BUT this is western Pennsylvania after all – it always rains here on Fridays. It's an odd fact of life that can be absolutely counted on.

The trees are fully, fatly leaved. Everything is GREEN. I fucking love this! Even the "Adult" stores and the giant bullshit, evangelical christianist churches are diminished/less obnoxiously and unavoidably noticeable by the beautiful surrounding woods.

 Yesterday's visits with Daddy went wonderfully. I believe he's finally adjusting to his new digs – he's calmer and less all-fired cranky. In fact, he was his old, hilarious self. We were surreally joking, poking fun and making faces at each other like old times. Such a GIANT relief! Jen and I'll stop in again this morning for a coupla hours before heading back to the airport.

I really wish Daddy lived a shit-ton closer to Valhalla BUT, if he did, I'd miss spring in the land of awesome trees and rolling hills AND I'd not be able to overindulge in Michal's brill cooking. This would be tragic.

Ya know?

2 comments:

  1. This is a useful information, I learn a lot of new things from this.Thanks for the thoughts and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post, Thanks for your very useful information...

    ReplyDelete