Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Eye-minded

Eye-minded
adjective 
disposed to perceive one's environment in visual terms and to recall sights more vividly than sounds, smells, etc.

OR the state of low-ish grade panic achieved when you can't get your damn PROSE lens out AND the little plunger tool you use to remove the lens is STUCK on the surface of the lens IN YUR GODDAMN EYE! Yeah, this was no fucking fun at all. Ten managed to, smoothly, get the plunger and lens out for me (without pulling my orb outta my head which is the direction in which my efforts  were headed).

Today my sad eye is a bright crimson and I am a little freaked. It's not sore – there's no pain. Thank the little baby Bast for that.

I've a follow up with the BostonSight docs on Monday morning anyway so, unless things get worse, I'll hold off on emergency room action. I have my ophthalmic erythroycin (which I've been instructed to put in when the PROSE is out AND which I refer to as my Eurythmics) and my Refresh (fake tears) so I SHOULD be fine until then.

Still, I worry. I get sad – feeling like a big feeb. Keeping the fears of being deaf AND blind at bay is hard bloody work mes amis.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had to go through that! Who wouldn't freak out? Here's hoping it doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete