Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2019

I Am the Unicorn, Goo goo g'joob

I dreamed that I was meeting my friend Tim in Pittsburgh. We were staying at some posh downtown hotel. I arrived first and was unpacking, sorting through my crap. While waiting for Tim I somehow A) transformed into a unicorn/centaur and B) got swept away by an evil wizard. EW Dude was NOT a big fan of unicorns or maybe it was just me.

How did he express his displeasure? By taking a big ass knife, carving me up – slicing off my forelegs and horn and turning me back into  mundane old human. ASSHOLIAN BASTID!

Next scene – I was back in my Pittsburgh hotel, covered in blood, clutching a damask tablecloth around my now naked (and bloody – did I mention that?) self. I was fine just royally pissed and kvetching loudly (to no-one and everyone in particular) as I climbed the crowded lobby’s sweeping staircase up to the second level ballroom.

What’s this tremendously unsettlingly odd – scary too – dream mean?  What does me being a unicorn/centaur symbolize and who the fuck is that knife wielding shit bag wizard. Must ponder this deeply....later.

Meanwhile, here have some foliage shots from our trip to Townsend yesterday. Also too. some very cool, evocative headstones from the old burial ground. The town's really cleaned the joint up since I was a kid. When me, Daddy and the Buechler's were here it was totally overgrown . We crawled under vines and fallen trees to make our rubbings. It was a forgotten place full of forgotten people. No longer. I miss the spooky air of mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment