Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Is it raining with you

I did what I NEVER, EVER should do here and now in this age of Republi/Fascist insanity – I woke and before I’d had more than a sip ‘o’ java-juice, I started reading the news.

Just like pResedent Insane Evil and his buddy Moscow Mitch, the NRA is a Russian asset. Gotta hand it to the Russkies, they’ve managed to decimate this once glorious country without firing a shot or dropping a single bomb.

Life ... is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
~ William Shakespeare, Macbeth

It’s clear to me now that the entire Republi/Fascist party’s been huffing Trump farts. They’re all just as cracked and deranged as him. They’re racing to see who can impress the boss most with their cruelty and who can win the prized Vlad the Impaler ribbon.

When things go wrong, don't go with them.
~ Elvis Presley

Clearly there’s not a  sane soul (or an Elvis fan) in the whole Republi/Fascist bunch.

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
~ Philip K. Dick, The Man in the High Castle

Not other planets YET and possibly never, if we don’t overthrow the greeheaded science-is-inconvenient-and-hurts-my-profit-margin crowd. STILL, this is an age of miracles and wonders  (me still being alive counts as BOTH) and yet this mornig my morale’s got a flat and my hope’s shredded. Hmmm, “shredded hope” – I hear tell Republi/Fascists use that as a topping on their Amazon rainforest fed cow-burgers.

A man devoid of hope, and conscious of being so, has ceased to belong to the future.
~ Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays 

I need to refill my hope tanks.

I'll never wake up in a good mood again.
I'm tired of these stinky boots.
~ Jim Morrison, An American Prayer 

There, a bit of humor helps. Me? I’m tired of these stinky Fascists.

One should . . . be able to see things as hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise.
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Tell it,  F. Scott!

If a grasshopper tries to fight a lawnmower, one may admire his courage but not his judgement.
~ Robert A. Heinlein, Farnham's Freehold

Yes, BUT if a thousand grasshoppers fight the damn grass barber, WE CAN WIN!

Here Comes the Rain Again – Eurythmics

2 comments:

  1. Farnham's Freehold tells a very interesting story, about a very different world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna look for it next time we hit the library!

      Delete