Search This Blog

Friday, November 15, 2019

The Results are In

And I’m all HUZZAH-ish.

I'll need surgery to remove the eggplant that’s growing (and thriving!) up in my bean BUT, though this is dreadfully serious shit, this most offensive of tumors isn't in urgent, instant need of removal. It can wait until February when my fave surgeon can fit me in. This means that I get to go float in Iceland next month as scheduled.

HOORAY!!!

As for the rest of Donna’s Meningioma Garden and Petting Zoo, Doc Plotkin says we can treat those damnable suckers with the magic pill he’s developed. If not for the m.p. (magic pill) only now going off for the clinical trials phase of the FDA approval process, I could take that cure now. While Plotkin and Barker agree that I can wait a couple months to be sliced open, I can’t wait through the vagaries of the new drug approval process.

An aside – Doc P was emphatic that this new med he’s developed is NOT a “magic” pill. I had to stop him right there. IF it shrinky dinks my tumors and keeps me off the OR table, well, that counts as magic in my book. Seriously.

While I’m loath to plan out vacas (beyond picking dates and purchasing plane tickets) I’m ALL about prepping for my post-surgery home invalid time. I’ll need a stack of ripping yarns (to keep me from reading the news and political blogs 24/7). I gotta find friends (besides Jen and Oni) to spell Ten so’s he can hit the gym, run assorted errands AND take a break from being my spectacular helpmate and honey. And I think I def need to buy the last season of Big Bang and NOT watch it until then!

Planning gives me a wee sense of control – as much as I CAN have in a sitch like this.

I gotta remember to ask Baker how soon before I can start stretching and going back to the gym. That and, will my nasty-ass symptoms be instantly relieved and by how much? 100% Please?

Knowing as little as I do, right this min, is still a big weight off my mind. Yes, this is a brain surgery year. No, I’m not in imminent catastrophic danger. My surgery will happen In February – my least fave month of the year. Now I’ve a VERY good excuse for staying out of the cold winds and ice and snow covered side walks!

2 comments:

  1. You are remarkably chipper but this sounds terrifying. I'd say I'm holding you in the light or whatever but I don't know what that means so instead I'll just be thinking of you. XO L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a mutlti-tasker. I can do both at once! Also too, THANK YOU Lor1!

      Delete