Search This Blog

Saturday, November 16, 2019

We’re Close!

Umlaut alllllmost became an indoor cat this morning. He was at the door. I opened it and invited him in. He was def thinking about it, putting one tentative paw on the doorstep. And then Coco appeared. I don't know if she hissed (deaf here, remember?) – she LOOKED all tranquilla anyway. Her appearance was, apparently, all it took for our boy to back out.

Possibly Umlaut’s shy with gorgeous dames like Coco.

I was kinda surprised at my baby kitten’s calm demeanor. In the past when I’ve opened the door, issuing formal, practically engraved, invitations to nice, civilized, temporarily out-of-pocket felines, my normally sweet angel’s rushed onto the porch like a feral, incendiary hellion. Girl’s intent on defending her territory and shit. Not this morning though.

I had a feeling things would be different this time around. When Ten brought Umlaut’s din-din out onto the porch last night he set it down right within easy view of Coco’s front window perch.

I asked, warum? He replied, Coco wanted to see him. How he knew this is a mystery BUT there she was, sitting inside placidly taking her evening nourisment along with him.

Does Coco just like company, of her own kind, when she dines? Ya know, how’s that Chicken Primavera. Cool, cool. You liking that Salmon Tuscany? Mebbe I'll order that next time. OR does our girl have a wee crush?

It occurs to me that there’s a not insignificant age difference here. Coco’s 11 or 12 and Umlaut showed up on the scene last winter. He wasn't a kitten then but def younger than two.

My little princess is a cougar!

No comments:

Post a Comment