Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Vexatiousness

MGH and MEEI, where all my docs are, have this nifty site set up. It’s called Patent Gateway.
Patient Gateway provides secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check upcoming appointments, communicate with your doctor’s office, review medications and pay medical bills—all seamlessly online 24/7.
Theoretically, I can see the notes from past visits here. This, however, was all that was recorded from last Friday’s mega annoying visit in neuro-oph land.
You saw Doctor I-got-no-time-for-patients-I’M-a-prof-at-Harvared-Med (not his real name but it suits him) on Friday November 8, 2019. The following issue was addressed: NF2 (neurofibromatosis 2).
Ah no. No it wasn’t. Leastways not with me, the owner of this special, rare disease.
Done Today
Humphrey Visual Field - OU - Both Eyes for NF2 (neurofibromatosis 2)
No results were posted. Not even a boring old “ no change since last year.”
 In HU-YUGE contrast, the results of my most recent bean MRI were posted yesterday.
Redemonstrated are postsurgical findings from prior bilateral suboccipital craniotomies and left canal wall down mastoidectomy for resections of vestibular schwannomas bilaterally. There is unchanged encephalomalacia with adjacent T2-FLAIR (HEY, I've got flair!) hyperintensity within the lateral aspects of both cerebellar hemispheres.
And that was just the introductory paragraph. Sure, sure I gotta google the shit outa a lot of the terms and I TOTALLY need the good (and brill) Doc Plotkin’s interpretation BUT I can follow along AND even understand what the techs are saying. (hells bells mes amis, I've been reading this shit for nearly 40 years now.)

It's especially clear when they write that one of the menigiomas in particular has “markedly enlarged” since last year (most of the  crop’s grown but not markedly). So yeah, that really was an eggplant sized tumor I spied as the neuro-oph breezed through my MRI images for the benefit of his baby docs (without volunteering, to yurs truly, so much as a shred of enlightenment).

Unless Plotkin’s developed a magic pill to slim these bad boys down, looks like this is another surgery year.

Ya know what my main worry is this morning? Can surgery wait until after Jen and I return from Iceland’s peace infusing silica lagoon OR do I need to put off my return to nirvana for a coupla months? I RILLY don't want to reschedg this holiday!

Sure sure, I also wanna know if my radically annoying symptoms will be successfully trounced post cutterage or is this Donna’s vexatious new normal. Bettah not be!

No comments:

Post a Comment