Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Shopping

I’m thinking of, possibly, starting up an Etsy thing. Ya know, selling  (HOPEFULLY selling) cards and prints of my photography, paintings and doodles. Has anyone done this? Does this make sense? If you’ve got an Etsy shop (is that the term?) what are you selling, how does it work/how does it NOT work?

I know, not a lot of folks send cards anymore. Email and texting have almost completely replaced letter and even tiny note writing. I’m every bit as guilty of this as most other folks. I DO have a few friends who still send actual, physical, ink-on-paper cards. They can’t be the only ones!

I figure if I make them on the smaller side – thank you note size –they’ve a better chance of selling. It’s less of a text writing challenge and a smaller financial outlay. Right? Also too, what better time to open an online “store” than now when most of us can only shop on the interoobz?
Also too, as I was doodling ‘round the site earlier, I found these two VERY reasonably priced masks which I MUST have! //duh//
Thoughts? Advice? Unrelated random bits of poetry and nonsense?

Here are a few more of my card ideas:


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy sending handwritten cards. I don't know anything about Etsy except it's overflowing with pretty things. The space planner at my office has purchased some nice abstract water colors from Etsy (Louise Art Studio). It's neutral coffee bar art.

    I would buy cards with the black cat on a tie-dye background (Nov 16 post). I also like the silhouettes overlaid on photos (Nov 18 post).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thank you Pam! I think I'm def gonna do this.

      Delete