Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Risk and ZZZs

According to one of the myriad plague risk charts that I’ve been studying, my safest activity is opening the mail. The table didn’t include the caveat that I should do this alone and inside my house.

Thrilling entertainment, no?

Another graphic shows that taking walks and going to my doc appointments are low risk activities. Dunno about that second – the doctor part. It seems that, every time I visit one of my health care dudes/dudettes, I come out with a new surgery date. This seems like risky business to me.

Grocery shopping is, generally, in the higher end of low risk. Wheeeeeeeee! Maybe I’ll hit up my local Star Market for lunch sushi later.

And golfing is low risk. I beg to fucking differ. Golf is debilitatingly dull. One could fall over, cold and stone lifeless, from watching OR playing this stupidly expensive and screamingly tedious game. Hells bells, compared to golf, being dead would be abso-fascinating.

Ya know what’s more interesting than golf? Car races – the kind where the racers zip around a loop like guppies in a too small aquarium. NASCAR shit. How? Why is this less snoozifying than golf? Crashes. Golf would be more fun if there were high speed cart collisions. OR just make the vapidly dressed boys with sticks sprint from hole to hole and fight each other for first crack at getting their tiny ball in the wee hole.

While we’re talking togs, WHO chooses these players outfits. FFS, they make Bob Hope look like a bangin’ slickster.

Back at risk levels, I’m not sure I even feel comfortable fueling up Bix let alone hitting the gym now that it’s reopened. Despite the fact that my local Y is goin’ to town on making it safe to workout, it’s not gonna be danger-free fer yurs – surgery addicted – truly.

So yeah, I’m bored and am now an online shopping risk. I discovered this site yesterday – Tenmokus – and I'm having hell of a time resisting. What’s holding me back from jumping in, credit card first? I’m not a tea drinker. Also, as gorgeous as these are, I honestly have way more than enough beautiful pottery in my tiny cottage.

What else can I do to break up all this insane excitement? I can explore online used bookstores (shopping BUT I can pass on and/or donate the books when done), start yet another painting, do some of my damn PT exercises, ride my new (courtesy of Angel Jen) recumbent elliptical and….emmmm….continue serving my cat overlord, Coco.

Yes, it’s nonstop adventure and thrills here in Valhalla today!

2 comments: