Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

And So This Is Me

The “good” news is that I’m not going in for more brain surgery in 2020 (unless I have another seizure).

The less than lovely news is that surgery versus INTUITT-Nf2 (the NON slice-me-bean-open option) looks like a lock for spring. Again, if I have another seizure, the next craniotomy’s gonna happen much more soonly.

Why is INTUITT-Nf2, more or less, off la table?

  1. I have weird meningiomas (OF COURSE I do!). Plotkin’s analogy was this – there’s a lot of them clustered together. They resemble bunches of grapes. It’s hard to know where one begins and the other ends or how fast any one tumor is growing. My brain is, basically – poetically speaking perhaps – a fine example of Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle.
  2. My health insurance will, most likely, not cover INTUITT and I’m not made ‘o’ money. Yeah, it comes down, in part, to the buckos.

How ‘bout that? 

I got the definite impression that, because I’ve already had two big ass surgeries this year (and am still recovering from the last one), Plotkin wants to cut me some slack. Ya know, give me a chance to catch up/get back in fighting form. 

My first reaction, when this possibility occurred to me was “NO man, I’m up for the fight. Lemme at that OR – I CAN DO THIS!” I waited a beat and then thought – “yeah cool, this makes sense.”

Plotkin asked me, if it was up to me, when would I want to get that fat fucker outta my head. Sooner the better, man. Sooner the better but not before October 17 when early voting starts. I NEED to vote. (Ya know, speaking of fat fucks who need to be DQed)

Where to now? I’ll meet with my ace bean cutter, Dr. Barker, within the month to discuss all the risks and such of surgery. Then, barring pesky seizure bullshit, I have my next MRI in April, followed by the OR action.

Meanwhile, this morning I woke with zero back pain. It’s gonna be a gorgeous, warm day here in Valhalla. I’ll get in a couple good walks. I’m up to four and five blocks at a go now. Just to clarify and shit, that’d be NYC or Back Bay short blocks. Also too, I’m spending more time on the damned elliptical.

I WILL be in shape for my spring surgery, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment