Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2020

At Least It's Friday

I believe I’ve turned a bit of a corner here in Recovery Land. I’m able to walk a little farther (3/4 of a mile in one go and, on some days, I can manage TWO walks). That and I can peddle a little longer on the elliptical (six minutes yesterday!) Again, there are days I can do two rounds. On Monday I’ll begin outpatient PT via zoom. That should be interesting.

I'm even capable of standing up to paint a little now. Remember, for me, painting is a full body, aerobic deal.

Given my new, increased levels of physical activity, I figured I’d be sleeping solid – through the night. Ah…no, not so much.

Stunned me woke in the wee hours of the AM last night. OK, I wasn't so much stunned as disappointed. My nerve endings were screaming with anxiety over that extremist right wing tool, Amy Covid Barrett as well as the dueling Town Halls.


I needn’t have fussed over the dueling Halls. Apparently NBC’s Savannah Guthrie did a fine job with Taintbrained Treasonweasel and Biden was fab. The only complaint anyone could muster about Biden was something about him being like Mister Rogers. YES – calm, kind and informative! This is a very GOOD thing my dear muthafuckas! The best that could be said of Trump, by one of HIS OWN CAMPAIGN ADVISORS, was “He didn’t spend the whole time yelling, he didn’t piss himself… so this was as best as we could have hoped for...


As for the Covid Queen, despite her inexperience and unfamiliarity with the First Amendment she’ll be confirmed – I’ve no doubt about that. The court will, until Biden/Harris can fix it, be a wholly undemocratic, illegitimate sham thanks to Moscow Mitch  and the Federalist Asswipes.

Tomorrow morning early voting begins here in Massachusetts. Jen, Ten, Oni and I will get in line first thing. I’ll bring a thermos of coffee, a bag of cookies and my Drive Nitro to lean/sit on in case there’s a long line.

Meantime, I’ve got to remain calm. Freakin’ ain’t gonna help anything or anyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment