Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Snow, Cats and Crap

On June 22nd there were 149 new COVID cases here in Massachusetts (and I thought that was scary). Yesterday we had 1,818 new cases (I feel relieved because it’s one of the first times in forEVER that we’ve been under 2,000 new cases for one day) and ONLY 40 deaths. Gee, aren’t we doing just fabulously?!

South Carolina, home of the mentally disturbed right-wing lapdog (wait – that's redundant. sorry), Senator Lindsey which-way-is-the-wind-blowing Graham, has the highest rate of cases per capita in the country. More than even New York which has more than half again as many residents.

Nice job Linds. If you work just a little bit harder, you may surpass Cancun Cruz as stupidest senator EVER.

Meanwhile, here in blue, blue, "sensible" Massachusetts, I’ve just gotten an email from MGH stating that I can’t be vaccinated on one of my oh so bloody frequent visits:
Unfortunately, Mass General Brigham does not have any additional vaccine. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts informed us on February 11 that vaccine will no longer be distributed to any Massachusetts hospitals. The only sites that will receive vaccine are clinics operated by cities and towns, local pharmacies, and the state.
What can I do? A lot of research. I MAY be able to go to a Walgreens pharmacy in the next town over OR to Gillette Stadium (about a 40 minute drive) I think I’d feel more secure getting shot up in a hospital versus a retail shop or a sportsball stadium but //shrugs// gotta do what we gotta do. Someone else *cough* Jen or Ten *cough* is gonna have to do all the phone scheduling work and it may be months before we can get our shots. What can you expect from a Republican governor?

In less annoying news, last night I passed the two week mark – two weeks without a seizure. Yea me! BUT I’m so doped up on anti-seizure meds that walking is a real trip. I use a walker now or a wheelchair (when at MGH) and I’m kind of pissed about that.  I’ll do it as long as I need to (even if that’s forever) but I don’t gotta like it.

My MRI is tomorrow at two PM so tonight I’ll begin my Atavan chill-the-fuck-out regimen. I don’t know when I’ll get the results and my surgery date but am expecting news on both by early to middle of next week. The chemo option is still on the table BUT it may not work – no guarantees. I'm now reluctant to go that route.

My last go 'round with a surgery alternative, radiation, was a total bust. Didn’t work, made it so I can’t get an ABI on that side of my bean AND made me violently nauseous DAILY for more than a year. So, despite all the surgery risks, that’s the direction I’m leaning toward. So far.

Between expecting my bi-monthly seizure expectation and feeling all anxious and shit about tomorrow’s MRI, I was up half the night doing deep breathing and other relaxation exercises as well as  funny cat meme surfing. Nothing chills me out more than a good cat meme.

Especially this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment