Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Cats,Teevee and Such

Well, I have good news, bad news, reasonably not totally suck-ass news and cats. Not necessarily in that order.

Good news first: another night and STILL no new seizures!. YEA! The new pills, on top of the mega increased existing meds seem to be working a treat. 

Apart from totally banjaxing my ability to walk that is.  BUT it’s February – not like I’m keen to be out in the ice and snow  anyway. Also too, this is quite possibly, HOPEFULLY, a temp state

My MRI is this afternoon and my chill-this-fucker-OUT pills seem to be doing their job. I slept wonderfully and am feeling mighty mellow. No guarantees but, at this point, I think my rabid claustrophobia is gonna stay quiet.

Better news, our discs of the first season of Lovecraft Country came yesterday. We watched just one ep, so far, and boyhowdy this is TREEmendous! There’s horror but, pure honesty, that’s more about the bored white cops who seem to see their gig not as maintaining law and order or serving and protecting but as humiliating, hunting and killing Black people FOR FUN. This inhuman shit really did and does still happen.

I remember, growing up, watching the Civil Right Movement play out on the teevee news with my parents. My mother pronounced, in no uncertain, disdainful terms that “the South is uncivilized.” It took me a lot of years to understand that not all Southerners are gun-fetishist, halfwits who believe, solely because their skin is white, that they are superior and can shit on or kill any one who is in ANY way different. Yeah, we have morons like this in Massachusetts but thankfully far fewer.

In contrast, the “monsters” in Lovecraft Country were scary as all hell BUT entertaining in a proper horror show kind of way.

Bad news – we’ve just started season four of the British comedy/drama/sci-fi/horror show Misfits. During seasons one through three we were stone fans. Sadly there has been a major cast turnover and now? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The two remaining cast members don’t have enough charisma or zip to hold the show together and the new crew are dull city. Yes, I haz a sad. We’ll give it one more try but that’s it. The original cast, their character developments snd the story arc was brill. If the new cast was gonna have any pizzazz I’d imagine they’ want to highlight that at the start…no?

No comments:

Post a Comment