Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

The Crew

The nursing crew here at Spaulding is, generally, excellent. There is however one who actually scares me a little. Why? She doesn’t speak. Why, oh WHY, given that I’m deaf, would her not talking be a thing?

Because I need so damn much from them, I’m cranky and depressed — a little smile (as much as can be seen through the mask) would assuage my ever present guilt over all I ask/need of them.

So no, she doesn’t need to talk but some facial expression would help.

Granted, most have said, when I’ve apologized for my messy needs, ‘this is my job!’ Yeah sure but I don’t need to make it worse. Okay, biologically speaking, I suppose I don’t have much of a choice in the matter.

This past Sunday’s crew seemed especially light. I know it’s a day off from therapy but nursing too? Ah no. Apparently there’s a big staff changeover going on and ‘issues’ are being sorted through. Huh. Good to know, I guess, but FIX IT NOW! I mean, I only have so much patience (i.e., next to none). 

This morning’s PT session begins in 30 minutes and, if it’s anything like yesterday (and it will be) it’ll be killah. Luckily, I’ll have an hour to nap between it and my Occupational Therapy hour. No rest for the wicked.

At least I got some FaceTime in with my sweet kitten this morning. Mega important!

No comments:

Post a Comment