Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Yesterday

Storm coming over Back Bay
Yeah, yeah. I know SONG CUE!

There was bad news/good news at the doctors this week. Also, interesting discoveries. OK, I guess the good news part depends on your perspective AND your optimism meter. Mine? It’s set wicked high. Too high?

While my vision has decreased slightly and my right eye has become a little dry (LOOK OUT, RIGHT HAND CORNEA!):

  • My left hand cornea is a glory to behold. It’s even prettier than when I switched over from my surgery mad let’s-just-sew-the-damn-thing-shut doc.
  • My reading glasses prob has been solved AND Jen has ordered me two pair of slicko Readers online since the pharmacy has nothing but THE most unstylish specs to pick from.

In Lack of Hearing Land, the itty bitty bit of hearing I’ve got on my right has, you guessed it, decreased BUT:

  • I’ve got a loaner aid while my shower soaked one goes back to the factory to be fixed.
  • That aid ‘o’ mine? It’s still on warranty so this water-logged gaffe of mine costs me nada.

In Physical Therapyville, I’ve discovered that I’m stronger and perform much better when I don’t have other, same day, worries and concerns such as eyes, ears and Daddy’s death (and subsequent paperwork issues) on the table. Understanding this, I’ve rescheduled Monday’s yearly general checkup with my PCP to a non-PT day. SEE, I’m capable of learning. RILLY!

Riding home from a stressful appointment (through a massive downpour), Jen and I did what we always do. Yes, we stopped at Dairy Freeze for our traditional ‘vanilla’ soft serv dipped in ‘chocolate.’ Yes, it’s cheezy and light years away from healthy, real and organic but it’s a guilty pleasure. I deserve that. Right? RIGHT?! Damn straight I do.

In other news:

Steve, a NYC blogger and Tweeter I follow, posted this, on the bird app, last night:

You can see it can’t you? Of bloody course you can!

It’s, obvs,  Warren Zevon’s Werewolves of London. You can see the connection, right?!
I had no choice but to reply with:
Now, I wasn’t the only person to see the (probably intentional) reference. Oh…fuck no. The replies were littered with lyrics. It was a fun end to a long-ass day.

So, to sort of wrap things up, kind of, getting old sucks. (yeah, this conclusion makes tons of sense!) Possibly, what I specifically mean is this: Nf2 sucks and getting old with Nf2 is even suckier. Of course, with or without, it’s better to get old than not.

Ya know?
Coco flopping out in yesterday's 93ยบ heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment