Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Apparently

The two people I kvetched about yesterday are star employees and will be counseled (not fired or demoted which was NOT  my goal) about their garbage behavior. That’s cool. I wasn’t asking for their heads on pikes BUT this tune WAS going through my head:
Little old lady got mutilated late last night
Werewolves of London again
But then, that song is often lodged in my bean.

Update: the first woman was ‘counseled’ and her behavior this past shift was completely changed. No more melodramatic, unignorable personal calls while in my room, dispensing my copious meds. No radically inappropriate personal questions. (I had how was your day versus do you have children—much better). This is NOT a tea party.

Still not my fave nurse but a significant change for the better. I very much prefer nurses from the Jack Kerouac school. You know,

…the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “AWWWW.’ (source)

Haven’t seen Fat Hyena woman which is fine. While I DO understand that nursing in a rehab setting is radically different from an immediate post op sitch, this healthcare worker has zero sense for the gig. Her requests had more to do with poor scope and/or lazy, maybe just weak physical tendencies than challenging me to work at recovery. Emmm, efforts that’d rip at my stitches and possibly tear muscles just six days post op are not a safe ‘challenge.’

Had three hours of PT and OT yesterday. Awesome but now that they’re reducing my steroids *sob* I’m not flying like Superman. Shit hurts. *sob*

I’ve been seen by TWO nutritionists because it seems I’m not eating enough for effective healing. Huh, me not eating enough? That’s a first or second or third. Luckily Spaulding has a BRILL menu snd kitchen.

There’s a woman who comes ‘round every day, reads me the next day’s specials, takes my order and vanishes like the Lone Ranger. I feel like I should be tipping her at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment