Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2022

7 Down

I walked another half mile yesterday, put in ten minutes on the elliptical and did my PT balance exercises. So far today, I’ve walked a little over half a mile. Yea me. I’m exhausted but I’m rockin’ this goddamn rehab and radiation.

There are days, more than I’d like to admit, where I’d just love to, once again, have Ten help me get dressed and push me around in the wheelchair. Now that I can do a LOT more for myself, what’s the harm in taking one day off? I’m afraid to give in to my inner sloth, that's what. If I stop pushing, maybe I’ll never start up again.

I’m not as far out of the woods as I’d like. Maybe I'll have a day or two of total sloth-a-tude after I’m done proton-ing.

Seven radiation sessions down, 18 to go. Have I mentioned? There's some cool art on the walls in Protonland.

No comments:

Post a Comment