Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

It Begins

Impossible blues from yesterday's walk
Ten and I will leave at 8AM for MGH. Between the midweek, height-of-rush-hour commute in and finding our way through the labyrinthian vastness of the Mass General campus, 90 minutes for the inbound trip feels onerous but safe and fair. Not cool to be late for your first protonization, eh?

If I’ve not mentioned this already, getting up, bathed, dressed and out the door by 8AM every morning will, all on its own, be physical therapy.  Possibly this, more than the actual radiation, will fatigue me most.

I worked 9-5 for most of my employed life but the last few years I was a freelancer. Basically, I was always on the job and/or on the lookout for fresh design projects. The thing was, I could check on work, clad in my jammies in my bed. I did the layout/design thing while Ten and I drove cross country. I’ve been on the job while on vaca in Silica Heaven and from cousin Della’s in Berlin.

I fell in love with not having a regular routine, with my office being wherever me and my laptop were, with not having to don suitable business attire. Sweat pants and ratty old Led Zeppelin T? Awesome! I’m good to go.

So, this every goddamn day commute and proton radiation shit is gonna take some getting used to.

‘scuse me now, I gotta go find some pants and and a cuppa joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment