Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2022

Fried Day

I woke up with either a cold, COVID or total, utter exhaustion from my first full outpatient physical therapy session yesterday. I've only gotten up to pee and feed our good boy Cake. This may be the way today will roll. NOT my original plan. I was gonna have a picnic with Hillel, who I've not seen in a couple years due to my nasty surgery habit and the plague. I'm decidedly UNhappy about postponing.

It seems highly unlikely that I've got the plague. I'm vaxxed and double boosted AND I hardly ever go out (and am always masked when I do leave the house). So, I'm thinking this is a cold/exhaustion combo. WAAAAAAA!

Here's a shot of Cake, the most chill cat on the planet. None of my previous feline overlords flopped out like this whilst napping. I'm thinking that Cake has probably medaled a few times in the siesta Olympics.

I count it as an absolute certainty that in paradise, everyone naps. A nap is a perfect pleasure and it's useful, too. It splits the day into two halves, making each half more manageable and enjoyable. How much easier it is to work in the morning if we know we have a nap to look forward to after lunch; and how much more pleasant the late afternoon and evening become after a little sleep. If you know there is a nap to come later in the day, then you can banish forever that terrible sense of doom one feels at 9 A.M. with eight hours of straight toil ahead. Not only that, but a nap can offer a glimpse into a twilight nether world where gods play and dreams happen.
~ Tom Hodgkinson, How to Be Idle

No comments:

Post a Comment