Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Possibly Unpopular Opinions, Thoughts and Other Bits

Spinach, even just a smidge, belongs in every dish. Yes, every. This most def includes pancakes, cookies and parfaits. Chop it up extra fine first…duh.
~~~
You say you’re a Christian? Prove it by your actions, not words. Talk is mega cheap and absolutely worthless if you don’t back it up with Christ-like action.
~~~
Occasionally Elon Musk can come off as an amusing, if low brow wit—sometimes (not often) he even manages to come within a few dozen klicks of AOC, God (@TheTweetOfGod), God (@thegoodgodabove) and Dan Rather.

What those folks have that Muskrat lacks is facts backing up the quick, snappy banter. Also, Apartheid Clyde’s sense of humor, like his buddy the orange blobfish, is always at other’s expense.
~~~
A week of November mid-70s temps here in Massachusetts is WRONG. I may not be ready for snow but this has been freaky scary.

Unlike me, Cake has NO trouble chilling out.
~~~
I like Star Wars and Star Trek equally. They’re different. One is more like fantasy/sci fi, the other is sci fi with some occasional fantasy thrown in. There…I’ve said it.
~~~
Carrot cake is better than chocolate cake, even a dark choclate cake. Similarly, Neapolitans are better than cannolis (not that I’d ever turn down a perfectly lovely cannoli).

Also, chocolate ice cream sucks.
~~~
Eating meat, cow, sheep and piggies in particular, grosses me straight out. Sure, bacon smells divine as it’s cooking—so does lamb but the guilt, THE GUILT is too much.
~~~
Will the Supreme Court gut the Indian Child Welfare Act which governs foster care and adoptions involving Native American children. ICWA prioritizes placing them with relatives, fellow tribal members or in other Native homes.

OR will they return us all to the kill the Indian, save the man days of Indian boarding and residential schools where White makes right and indigenous language and culture is demonized? I have no faith/hope that the court will do the right, just thing.
~~~

You know things are fucked up when reality makes a Tom Waits song sound glamorous.
~ Stephen Blackmore

My favorite Tom Waits song? Frank’s Wild Years. Did you know…he opened once for Martha and the Vandellas. How unlikely of a pairing is that?!
~~~
I’m definitely, completely ducking the news today. Maybe tomorrow too. Ten and I mailed off our ballots three weeks ago (receipt confirmed). Nothing to do now but wait for the counting to be completed. There’ll be no unhappy surprises for Valhalla—it’s Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Texas and Arizona that have me on edge.
~~~
My walking total for yesterday was 1.07 miles. BREAKTHROUGH! That’s the most I’ve been able to do in almost two years. Yes this is big and YES, this why I was popping ibuprofen at midnight and Tylenol at 6AM. Today I’ll walk way less, do the elliptical and chill. Tomorrow I’ll try to put another mile under my belt.

Today is brisk and windy. I believe I’ll mostly stay inside, read, ride the elliptical and attempt to not worry about fascism and the fate of mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment