Search This Blog

Monday, April 10, 2023

Mooning

If you want to write a song about the moon
Walk along the craters of the afternoon
When the shadows are deep and the light is alien
And gravity leaps like a knife off the pavement

And you want to write a song about the moon
You want to write a spiritual tune
Then nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Presto, a song about the moon
~ Paul Simon, Song About the Moon

I see the bad moon a-risin'
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today

Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise
~ Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bad Moon Rising

Saw it written and I saw it say
Pink moon is on its way
And none of you stand so tall
Pink moon gonna get ye all
~ Nick Drake, Pink Moon

Mexican Moon
Oh, amigo
Here we do things slow
Money, art, a broken heart
Where did you want to go
Senor, por favor
To the hotel, Zona Rosa
What did I come here for
~ Concrete Blonde, Mexican Moon 

Yes, I'm being followed by a moonshadow
Moonshadow, moonshadow
Leaping and hopping on a moonshadow
Moonshadow, moonshadow

And if I ever lose my legs
I won't moan, and I won't beg
Oh, if I ever lose my legs
Oh, if, I won't have to walk no more
~ Cat Stevens/Yusuf, Moonshadow

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the Moon ... it doesn't get wet, nor does it break water; its light wide and bright it reflects in a single drop of dew ...

    ReplyDelete