Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

It’s a Nietzsche Morning

Which is NOT the same as a Chelsea morning. Did you know that this happy, sparkly tune begins with:
This is another morning, rainbow, love sunshine song
This one takes place in the city so it's a little
A little bit noisier

It's all about living in the Chelsea district of New York
Which was really a nice place to live until
Andy Warhol made a movie 'bout Chelsea girls
And gives us all a bad reputation
The tune’s still all bubbly joy-joy but that second stanza grounds it a bit and makes me want to look up what Warhol had to say about Chelsea girls.

Back to my man Friedrich though…
Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.
This goes a long ways toward explaining MAGAts, don't it.
I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
I found out that a young friend had lied to me repeatedly about a variety of important matters. Actually, I’m not sure that she was always purposefully lying. Sometimes, most definitely but not always. On occasion, perhaps she was relaying to me her world as she saw and honestly believed it was. Sadly, her reality was warped.

After a while I questioned everything she said—wondering ‘did this happen or is she imagining things,’ and’ did this happen or is she telling a story to manipulate me in some way?’

Yeah, that friendship had to end.
In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.
If heaven exists and is populated by Republican Jesus screamers, I’ve go no interest in so much as visiting the joint.
I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time.
A god who needs constant praise? Sounds like a clueless narcissist. Also BORING!
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
I don’t know about this dancing star business (also, I’m post-menopause so ‘giving birth’ is NOT on the menu) but I am ALL about chaos.
In truth, there was only one christian and he died on the cross.
IF in fact he actually existed.

There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.
Damn straight. This love and goodness stuff includes caring for others. God can take care of himself and he’s got scads of angels to sing praises to his ego. What we have here on earth are a lot of humans who need compassion, healing and protection from the cruel and violently insane of our very same species.
Perhaps I know best why it is man alone who laughs; he alone suffers so deeply that he had to invent laughter.
A 2020 study done by Sasha L. Winkler and Gregory A. Bryant of Bioacoustics showed 65 species (mammals and birds!) also laugh. Sorry Friedrich old man, other inhabitants of the planet suffer too. We nasty-ass humans didn’t invent laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment