Search This Blog

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Hazy Shade of Summer

The air quality here in Valhalla is less than ideal again this morning. At least it’s better than in Pittsburgh and the Midwest. We’re due for rain today, tomorrow and Tuesday. Hopefully, that’ll clear out some of the smoke from the Canadian fires.
~~~
Have you been reading about the riots in France over the murder, by police, of a 17-year-old boy of Algerian descent? I suppose it was grossly naive of me to think that this level of rabid, bigoted policing was a purely U.S. variety of heinousosity.
~~~
Is anyone, besides MAGAts, still reading “news” stories detailing the Tangerine Twat’s latest whines, slams, lies and threats?
I, sure as fuck, am not.

I know it’s wise to pay attention to what all the candidates say and do—know your enemies and shit. Fer instance, if I only looked at RFK jr’s name I wouldn’t know that he’s an anti-vaxxer, conspiracy theorist, “influencer,” whacka-loon, who’s been promoted by the far right fraudster and lying sack of weasel puke, Steve Three-Shirts Bannon for years. Junior’s so dimwitted, he agreed to speak at the Hitler loving Moms for Liberty convention along with Trump and DeSantis. But, sure, Junior's running to be the Democratic nominee for president along with that other totally unqualified, disingenuous kook Marianne Williamson.

Back to the not-in-any-way-news stories though—I’m so sick of that diapered, neon orange, treasonous toddler that even his most ridiculous ALL CAPS spewings aren’t tempting me. He’s gonna need to find new material if he wants to be more fascinating than watching paint dry.

I realize, to his faithful cult of nimrodian kool-aid drinkers, every last fool's gold-plated lie is precious. The media, who provide him with unlimited free mic ops, are only interested in clicks, sales and promoting their own brand. Trump’s just their latest cash cow from which they'll drain every cent they can.

…there is no coming to consciousness without pain.

~ Carl Jung

Thanks Carl and DUH. All the same, I think I could handle a bit of oblivion, a wee mental vaca.  Maybe a spin on the elliptical, a snack and a nap would do me good?

No comments:

Post a Comment