Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Union Chocolate and Cats

Ghirardelli chocolates are union made. So are Oreos. I didn’t know that. Did you?

While Oreos are now crafted in Mexico and a bunch ‘o’ other countries
(after the company moved out of Chicago), they’re also made in Richmond, Virginia.

Ghirardelli’s original chocolate factory was in San Francisco. In 1967 the production op moved across the bay to San Leandro, California just south of Oakland.

Oreos and Ghirardelli chocolates are both union made and made in America (in Oreos case, at least some manufacturing is still done here). I now feel MUCH less conflicted about snarfing these commercially produced treats.

 Of course!

Aside from this brilliant, relieving discovery, I got nothin’ today. I’m trying to avoid the horrible, wretched-ass, humans SUCK news without much success. I NEED to get off my ass and walk, elliptical and do those damn core-building pt exercises but, but…but I’m feeling a touch over-fucking-whelmed.

Maybe what I really should do today is take a walk on Nantasket beach, start a new book and hit the delicatessen/market for some gourmet treats—like pear yogurt cake with ganache glaze, goat cheese and Lesley Stowe Raincoast Crisps. Ya know, fer instance. I could curl up with a fresh ripping yarn beside my fearsome warrior kitten (okay, he’s 10 or 11 but Cake will always be my kitten. Oh yes he will! (This despite the fact that Jen and Ten are his clear favorites. I understand, truly I do. I can’t be everyone’s first choice. I’m nothing if not realistic...mostly...sort of.)

Okay, I’m off to the rain room. In the meantime, here are a couple shots of the Good Boy™. Yur welcome.
Bonus Skitter pic

No comments:

Post a Comment