Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Time-Waster

I spent most of yesterday in bed with a headache (which is still with me this morning). Lemme just tell you, while a day of full-blown indulgence sounds awesome, in my current timeline…not so much.

Fer fuck’s sake, I’m in for MORE brain surgery in a piffling 13 days. Losing a day of exercise, tax prep work and seeing to other important stray bits is far from ideal.

While laying in bed, waiting for the Tylenol to kick in, I scrolled through news, cat pics and assorted silliness on Threads. There I found one of those Am I The Asshole (styled AITA) posts.

In case you’re unfamiliar, AITA is a sub-group on the Reddit site. Users post their theoretical real-life social experiences/quandaries and ask for judgement calls and advice from fellow “redditors.”

Responses generally begin with one of the following:
YTA (You’re the Asshole)
NTA (Not the Asshole {and the other person is})
ESH  (Everyone Sucks here)
NAH (No Assholes here)
INFO (Not Enough Info)

This is followed by comments, advice and criticisms. The posts, when I indulge, can be entertaining but, at the same time, guilt inducing time-wasters. Sort of like People Magazine or reality teevee.

Yesterday’s guilt inducing time-waster?
AITA For Wanting To Divorce My Husband Because He Wants A Son?

Long story short, her wanting a divorce has little to abso-fucking-lutely nothing to do with her husband’s wish for a son. It’s tangential, like saying Trump’s desire to occupy the oval office again is all about him really wanting to do the job of presidenting. Hah!

This previously, supposedly happy Reddit couple are expecting triplets. Tragically, there first child, a boy, had been stillborn. They were thrilled to bits about the triplets UNTIL this elaborate gender reveal party. FYI, it’s not uncommon for even the expecting parents to not know the sex of the awaited infant before the shindig of weirdness

I was so excited for the gender reveal. I don’t care what the gender of our babies was I just wanted healthy little babies, but my husband was clearly excited for potentially three sons. When the time came me, my husband, and my brother all shot a confetti cannon and all three shot out pink confetti. I was so excited and so was my brother but my husband screamed at the top of his lungs and hit the table in front of us, hitting it so hard that it actually broke. He screamed at me that I was supposed to give him at least one son because I killed his first one.
~~~
I tried to talk to him about it and asked about how he’ll be with our three daughters, but he spat at me and told me he will provide them shelter and food but he isn’t interested in daughters and doesn’t plan to have a close relationship with them. That sealed the deal that I want to divorce him and I cried myself to sleep last night.  (source)
In case you didn’t know, it’s the sperm, not the egg which determines the eventual baby’s sex. Apparently this poor woman and her horrifically ignorant and abusive sperm donor were unaware of this basic fact.

At this point in reading, I was wondering if all this actually happened. Possibly the OP (original poster) was engaging in a bit of creative writing? Was/is the story and plea for advice no more than a writing exercise—prep for crafting a horror novel or movie script? Maybe it’s nothing more than rage-bait for clicks and attention? Is the OP unaware that Jerry Springer’s dead and his show is no longer in production? Seems the author put forth an awful lot of effort just to grab a tiny interwebz spotlight.

IF this happened, was the couple ever truly as happy as she claims? Did she never see any red flags before this? Is the husband an undiagnosed psychotic? Can wifey lay hands on some wild hemlock or deadly nightshade or white snakeroot?

I’d love to know whether this story is real or not. Will OP become yet another sad statistic? After all, homicide ls the leading cause of death for pregnant women in U.S.


No comments:

Post a Comment