Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Now We Are One

With apologies to A. A. Milne
When Bob and I go out for a walk,
We hold each other's hand and talk
Of all the things we mean to do
When  Bob and I are ninety-two.
Today is this blog’s birthday. Tell Me A Story is one year old today. Naturally we had to dash out to buy cuppycakes in order to commemorate this special day.

I began writing primarily because Jen would NOT stop nagging me. ‘You should write these stories down,’ ‘you could start a blog,’ ‘have you started writing any of this down yet?’

Nag, nag, nag!

Here's the thing though -- I want to hear/read other people’s sagas and old saws too. My own yarns, burlesques and dramas are pretty damned familiar to me.

I want to read about yours.

Cousin Della has contributed, as have my pals Heike and Brian. Jen (AKA Jen The Pirate Blogger) kicked in some fabola drawings (and will proffer more, dammit!). My buddy Brenda shared her entrée to the yoga life. The Amazing Bob has ponied up poetry and memories. Hillel shared a note he wrote on the eve of his eldest son's departure for college.

More please!

Got a tale to tell? Email me at donna.maderer at gmail dot com. Let’s tawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment