Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Unsprung Spring


This is what I miss about working in town, in Boston’s Back Bay.
Jen and I used to ride the T from here in Quincy, into Park Street and then walk through the Common, the Public Garden and up the Commonwealth Mall to Copley Square and our little print shop. While mid March is surely chilly and too early for these beauties, we’re getting close. The promise of Spring is on the air and poking up from the ground.
 Mind you, it’s none to shabby down here on the Neck.

I’m well overdue for my long intended day at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. I can meander and wind through the gardens, the magnificently beautiful, publicly funded greenery (the city would be a much shabbier, sadder, homelier place without them), on my way to view Ms. Gardner's divine collection.

Today though, I’ll go for a long trike ride along Wollaston Beach and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment