Search This Blog

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Everyday Romance

I’ve told y’all of the key to a successful marriage before? Oh yes I have. It’s the judiciously, poetically, smoothly employed Yes, Dear.

When The Amazing Bob and I got serious (lo these 27 years ago) he introduced me to this handy, dandy relationship saving bit of wisdom.

The man’s a god but, ya know, I believe I’ve noted that in the past.

I was so blown away by this new-to-me, wondrously effective, spare and beautiful romance burnisher that I just had to share with my little sister, Celeste.

A lot.

She found it old fashioned and sweetly amusing.

One year, and this must have been for MY birthday, she gave TAB a T shirt with that text in 144 point, bold face Times New Roman.

Excellent!

Now, on those days when I’m hair trigger cranky and just NO fun to be around, he gets my attention and flashes his brilliantly emblazoned chest at me. This never, ever fails to put a smile on my face.

God, I love that man.

This shirt, and TAB’s pro styling of it, is so fabulously perfect that, seems to me, he ought to have one for every day of the week.

I think this could be a real winner. I should go on Oprah, preach the marvels of Yes Dear and sell my Days of the Week T shirt line.

Yeah, this could totally be a hot number, a real chart-buster bonanza.

Perhaps John Kerry might be interested in buying a few. Hey, who knows, MAYBE it’s just what Abbas and Netanyahu need!

Fishbone -- Everyday Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment